Monday, April 12, 2010

Odds n' Ends

Remember how I mentioned I got a new dunny shlelf for only $2.98?? Well here is a pic for you! Can't wait to paint it! I can not stress how perfect it is!
I also snagged this goodie! I am still undecided on whether I will paint it or not. Suggestions?
I have sadly not been getting the best pictures out of my camera, it is probably a user error though.
(Both pictures of the fan are the same deck of colors. Colorwise I think the first is a little better.) Janet and I went to Home Depot the other day and I decided to help myself to their paint samples! Some I am already ruling out, like the bright spearmint color and bright aquamarine. I am definately inspired by the beachy cottage look, minus the striped fabric. But I think for our houses colors I am thinking of alot of white, sandy neutral tones, and some greys plus my favorite pale blues, pale blue-greens, and pale greens. With pops of brighter blues and greens. Here is some inpiration:
I really love the light airy feel  with the light pale colors and pops of color with things like blankets, flowers, glasses/ vases, pillows, paintings(mine would work perfect!), and even maybe with a piece of furniture. I think it will make our little house seem larger too.

No comments:

Post a Comment