Friday, April 30, 2010

Hectic week

This week has been insane. I really feel like it has just been non stop and crazy to think that just Monday we were closing on the house. I can't even tell you how many trips back and forth between the two houses we have made. We have moved ALOT of stuff but there is still a ton left. Thankfully we have had alot of help from family and friends! There is stuff in the house still, paintings, bookshelves, books, desk stuff, cleaning products, etc. Plus I haven't even begun to tackle the garage or attic. So all my painting stuff still needs to be moved. I just am so ready to have everything moved and organized in the new house. I hate everything being in dissarray. My clothes are just in a huge mound on the closet floor.
We still are lacking in furniture too. I think Janet and Mike are going to check out this couch for us. Zach and I both like it...
I am also still hoping for this...
And I desperately need to get a desk for my computer. Still thinking this Ikea desk is the best bet...
Jessica is bringing me a dresser and her two couches on sunday. So those will go in the den (converted garage) room. Yay for more and better seating! Then Zachs futon will go in the front room until we get a couch. If we get a couch we will get rid of that fouton. It is super uncomfortable. Only sit in it if you have no choice (our situation now) or if you want a major backache. I will be glad to say goodbye to it. Zach bought some handles for the 50's style dresser (which we turned tv hutch) for the den. I want to get some bun feet for it from Home Depot or Lowes. Then paint it. I originally wanted it white but Zach was fighting for black. So I think we have come to a compromise of painting it green (to match that hutch with the glass door that I also found at a thrift store) and then paint the top white. Now since the top of it is laminate I think we are going to cover that with MDF and put a trim around the edge. It should look real nice when we are done! I have SO much furniture to refinish. I wish I could just have it all done instantly. But realistically I probably won't even get to start any of it until we get back from Ireland. I will probably do the tv hutch first. Then the kitchen table, then the side tables. I am pretty sure I will paint the kitchen table white and the chairs each a different blue green color. Not sure how Zach will feel about it but tough crap for him!

Now: for Art Everywhere (which opens tomorrow  !!!) we got booted early yesterday but apparently we can be there as long as we need to be today. Ashley's already heading up there, and I am going right after work. I have my paintings all polaroid and hanging ready.
I really think it is going to turn out really awesome. Hopefully Ashley can get her hands on a ladder that we can squish into our window to hang our paintings up. I hope that when I get there the polaroids (for the background) will all be up and the top of the wall will be painted. I'm super excited to not only see it finished and how we envisioned it but also to have one less thing to worry about. My wedding is only 23 days away! So insane how fast it is coming up. So much to do before then too, so I will be glad to have this finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment