Monday, April 12, 2010

How to hide a Kitty box?

We close on the house exactly two weeks from today! Which also means our handy cat door and garage  where the litterbox now resides will be no more. Since our new house has a converted garage the litterbox will actually have to be in the house in a room we use. Ick. Now I clean it daily so it smells... as good as a litterbox can smell. The biggest thing is going to be to try and disguise it. I dont even know what room I will put it in yet. I am leaning towards the converted garage (since we will be ripping up the carpet and painting the concrete at least it will NOT be on carpet in there) or a closet. Now I want it to be hidden away so you don't blatently see it. I have been googling things and here is what I have found.
Now most of these cost between 150 and 200 bucks. A little pricey if you ask me. The last one I think is only $100 but I am not sure if my hefty little Lurina could fit too well in it. I do like the plant ones that you could turn around so you don't even see the opening. I am thinking Zach could make some kind of thing out of wood that looks like a cabinet or chest which we could cut a doorway in. If not, then maybe I can find another piece at a thrift store that we could turn into a litterbox holder.I am sure we will figure something out! I just hope we can find a good solution to hide it and hopefully minimize the smell as much as possible, preferably sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment