Saturday, November 7, 2009

Massena Storage Chest

I WANT THIS! Now lets rewind a bit...
I am finally getting rid of my Nana and Pop Pops old entertainment center... and doing a good deed all in one. I have been looking to replace the ugly entry table that went with it.. that is still in my house. So I have looked on Craiglist and in thrift stores with no luck. While on craigslist, I came across an ad where some people were helping some ex homeless people, who have just obtained a place to live but had no furniture. They were looking for people to donate furniture so these people can make their place more like home. I jumped on this because I have been looking to get rid of this stuff for a while since it is currently taking up our entire shed. So they are coming tomorrow to haul it away, and I am 99 % sure they are taking the entry table too. So I will be without an entry table.
Now... I first fell in love with this chest a few months ago when I saw it at Pier one. The one I saw is actually more of a light green color. Only it was 449.00 WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. Now its on sale... but its still 349.00. Ugh I want it so bad. But I shouldn't spend the money :( Zach would kill me)...and I am having absolutely NO luck finding a replacement table. What a predicament. I really do love it though... maybe some miracle will happen...fingers crossed!
It's only 10:30 and a very boring day at Mini Price. There is so much I could be doing if I were home. Having a home= endless work and chores to be done. But I love having my own house more than anything!
Also, I NEVER drink caffeine because it makes me extremely hyper and sometimes jittery. But this morning it was COLD in the 30's (wish it was still summer) so I decided to stop into Starbucks and warm up with a pumpkin spice latte. SO good. But I have been wired ever since! I am so motivated to do things yet I am trapped at work! What torture!

1 comment:

  1. i love this piece too. It looks a little more rustic than something you would usually pick out. keep an eye on it though. maybe it will get marked down even more!

    ReplyDelete