Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doctor Visit

I went to my baby check up today. My measurements are on target and everything is good! Sadly I have surpassed the 150 lb mark. I knew I was going to gain weight, but ugh, that is almost 20 lbs and there is still 3 months to go! I get my glucose test tomorrow morning and I am going early because I know not eating is going to be torture for me. I will also get my thyroid checked again and some more blood work. The baby is apparently in the 95th percentile for size. Big baby girl!

Zach is positive it is from his gigantor genes. These tests tomorrow should rule out any other possible factors. I just can't believe my munchkin genes have no say! The doctor said she will just have to monitor the babies size as we get further along. She said she will probably do another ultrasound at her office to check her size as we get closer to my due date. She mentioned the baby may come early and if she gets too big she may have to consider inducing me. Although she doesn't like to induce patients if their cervix hasn't started opening up yet because it can cause problems and lead to C section. I really hope I do not have to be cut open! Who knows what will happen. I go back in 3 weeks, then after that I start going every two weeks.

On a lighter note my nail polish arrived today. It even came in a little fancy box. I can't wait to test out my fancy polish. How to decide which color to use first! Lurina is even interested!

Alyssa and Jessica are coming over tonight to discuss my baby shower. We are also making breakfast for dinner, which is probably my favorite meal of the day morning or night!

The baby moves around all the time. I really hope I can get a video of my stomach moving crazy. Zach finally saw it yesterday. Since she is moving around a lot more he has got to feel her kicking up a storm. Finally his lack of patience doesn't matter as much and his inferno temperature hands don't lure her to sleep. I swear he has the hottest hands on the planet, like an electric blanket.


I am off the next two days. Not sure what I will do, but I do need to go buy paint for the nursery, work on the Kathy painting that is going in the babies room, and finish up her mobile birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment