Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So slow.

Richmond this past weekend was so fun. Sadly I was only there for about 22 hours. I went straight to Enoteca Sogno since casie was working and waited for her to get off. I had an awesome white wine while I was waiting but I can't think of what it was called... We ate an awesome dinner there as well. We had a caprice salad and this white beans and arugula with little baby toasts. Incredibly yummy followed by pesto pasta. We then decided to meet Elaine and her friends downtown at Sin e which is pronounced Shenay. Weird. Completely full of Bro's and Ho's. Perfect people watching/ judging material. Casie and I were both real tired and headed back to her house a little after one.

Sunday was brunch with Beth, Ashton, Annie and a bunch of others was at Joe's at 11. Casie lives pretty close by so we walked there. It was alot of fun. I definately enjoyed getting to see Beth and Annie and Ashton. Casie and I shared some french toast. So good! Beth took this group shot of everyone outside afterwards. I wish I had a copy so I could include it on here...

After that we went back to Casies I hung out while she cleaned up a bit. Elaine and David came to hangout. We helped Casie rearrange her living room. Casie and I went to Kuba Kuba and I got Tostones (deep fried plantains) and my favorite Spinach and Riccotta Empanadias. SO GOOD. Kuba Kuba is definately in the top 5 things I miss most about Richmond. lets see my list of Richmond favorites...
1. Architecture, just the old buildings and row houses are always so awesome
2. Anthropologie
3. AWESOME Non chain RESTRAUNTS ( Kuba Kuba, and Ginger are amongst my favorites)
4. My friends that are still there... which is mainly Casie and David.
5. Carytown

I wouldn't go as far as saying I missed it so much I want to go back, but the idea no longer seems as bad as it used to. There are good things about Richmond though I like Virginia Beach more I think...

So I drove back around 530, went straight to my moms to get Kathy and eat some Peach Cobbler then made it home in time to watch True Blood with Zach.

It was nice getting to see my friends though. I miss them. I wish they would come visit here more often... or ever... ha

This week at work so far has been slow. Then again that is normal. It seems like a complete shock when I actually have a customer to deal with. I am so used to being completely alone in here all day I almost feel like someone walking in is just a pain. Ha. Which they aren't, but I always feel weird because I hurry to put away my book or get facebook, twitter, or perez hilton or whatever crap I am doing online off the screen to look more professional. Then usually they ask something like can I rent your trucks? or something that is a one word answer and they are out the door.

I wish I was doing a job that was more productive so I didn't feel so lazy all the time. Yesterday I got home and went cleaning crazy. I vacuumed, wiped down the floor boards, folded some towels, cleaned the litterboxes, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the remainder of the pots and pans, washed Kathy's beds, Swept the kitchen, Cleaned the counters and appliances off, took out the trash, cleaned the coffee and side tables with windex and pledge, cleaned the front door, took down all the polaroids with ashley. Then I managed to watch Bride Wars and make speghetti and complete all of this before like 9. I wish I was that productive everyday!

I am breezing through the Twilight Series again, I am already halfway through Eclipse. This is probably due to the fact that I have 8 hours a day to read and play on the computer... Although I did attempt to do as much work stuff as possible this morning...

Well enough of my rambling. Zach and I are painting the living room, dining room and hall on Sat and Sun so I suppose I need to prepare the house even more this week. I plan on painting (not walls but an actual painting) tonight after work and maybe making some chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies... I also think Jason is coming over sometime.

If anyone is interested in buying a painting from me let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment