Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fabric Resources

One of my favorite blogs: Design Sponge posted this about a week ago: Fabric Resources. I love fabric and personally feel like the selection locally is lacking. There is Joann's and Hancock. Which are convenient. But also chains that are very basic and limited with their selections. Fabric Hut off of Little Creek is good for bridal, and special occasion fabrics. They do have basics as well but it is expensive. Blaney's in Norfolk has upholstery and home decor fabrics. I need to check out The Second Yard, especially since I hear good things about it. It is close by on Laskin Road and my mom's friend works there.

 Still, in Hampton roads we have nothing even remotely comparable to Mood.
Image courtesy Mood

Which I drool over every time I watch Project Runway. I am in love with that white and grey print, third down from top on the far right. I am a bit weary about ordering fabric online though. You just can't see what it will look like in person through the Internet. Maybe some day Virginia Beach will get a giant fabric store with an endless selection of awesome fabrics. But for now I will have to settle for the ordinary or take a road trip.

3 comments: