Sunday, February 13, 2011


I am ready for some changes. Finally I feel that things are looking up. My thyroid situation is mostly under control. I find out tomorrow if my meds need to change or if my prescription now is doing its job. After that doctors visit I decided it was definately time for me to start running again. The thyroid issues caused me to gain weight and prevented me from doing physical activity. I am so happy to finally get back in shape and I am determined to do it.

I haven't really run since last April. That was when I started having a lot of problems. Saturday morning I decided I was going to run and I fully expected it to be an entirely pathetic attempt with lots of walking. I figured it would be like starting over. I decided I would run/walk for 30 minutes 3 to 4 times a week. I also recently bought some 3 lb and 8 lb weights plus I have an exercise ball so I can do basic exercises from home.

Saturday morning before work was my first attempt, it was 30 degrees out and definately hard to get my butt out of bed at 7 am to run, but I did it. I also did way better than I expected. I ran a loop around my neighborhood twice. I am thinking it is about 2.5 miles but I need to drive it with my car to check. I managed to run the entire time too! Granted thats pretty slow if it is indeed only 2.5 miles. But I accomplished my goal of running for 30 minutes and I did it without walking. I felt so good afterwards too. Made me realize I do actually enjoy and miss running. I think I had been so disheartened from my past attempts at running that completely failed. The most recent involved me thinking I was going to faint after only 2 minutes, granted that was due to my thyroid.

My legs and abs are extremely sore today but I am going to attempt run number two tomorrow morning before work, sore or not. You don't lose weight making excuses! Tonight I am going to do an arm and core body workout of some sort. Hopefully I can squeeze it in between finishing laundry, making dinner, and helping zach cut and paint the trim for the office. It's going to be a busy Sunday night at the Johnson household. I feel way happier and motivated being busy doing things rather than turning into a couch potato at night watching shows that I don't even like.

Our living room, hall, back room, and bedroom are still exploding with all the stuff from the office so we are doing our best to get the room finished so we can have the rest of our house back. Still left to do:
  • Cut trim
  • Paint trim ( luckily it is already primed)
  • Install trim
  • One more coat of paint on the desk
  • Poly on the top of the desk
  • One more coat of paint on the floor in the corner where the desk was ( I will do this tonight)
  • Paint floor with sealer, we've already noticed the floor is getting dirty and scratching real easy, hopefully sealing the floor would fix that.
My goal is to have these things completed before we go out of town this weekend to visit our friends Chris, Candace, Ryan, and Megan in DC. I'm real excited for this mini vacation, but I really don't want to come home to a disaster of a house. I can't even tell you how many times I have tripped in the past week. I will be glad to have all that junk ( which is mostly mine, hey I have a lot of art and craft stuff) back in its place and out of my way.

This week may bring about another change too but I can't get too excited yet, only time will tell!

I will leave you with this sneak peak at the office. My fan project is complete, and I am in love. I will have to give a before and after when I actually do the whole office makeover post. It was a real dated brass and ugly wood fan before. Zach did most of the work for this. He took the fan down, took it completely apart and everything to spray paint it. We even put the skrews into cardboard and spray painted them as well so they don't stand out. I went and got new pulls and new fan light covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment